CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

He is OK

My youngest brother Adam was robbed while at work a few days ago. He is doing just fine, but was shaken up a bit. He no longer works for Dairy Queen and has started a new job in construction. When I found out about him being robbed, I felt my knees almost go weak. My poor mom found out when she was at home in bed watching the news. She flew over there in her pajamas to meet up with Adam's new wife Shani and her parents. When she arrived, Adam was giving his statements to the police trying to describe what had happened to him and the others during the robbery. The four robbers came in through the back door and forced Adam along with his co-workers into the freezer at gun point. I talked to Adam the next day, and he said, " I was just coming out of the restroom, when all of a sudden I felt one of the robbers put a gun behind my head. The robbers forced me into the freezer and had me lay down with my face to the freezer floor, and then the punks locked us in the freezer while they robbed the place. All of these thoughts were going through my head. I thought about Shani and the family... if I were to die. I'm not afraid to die, I'm just afraid of what the family would go through." I told him he was lucky he went to the restroom before all this had happened, because he would have messed his pants up. We had a good chuckle about that and then took a deep breath. It really has made us stop again and think about how precious life is, and who we have in our lives, and you never know what your day may bring. Thank God in the heavens he is o.k.


Here is a link to a short story of what happened.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/oct/14/4-men-rob-dairy-queen-fort-myers/






2 comments:

Cari said...

I am glad Adam is ok!! That is so scary!!!

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

wow that is so scary!! at least no one was hurt!