CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

IS MY MONEY SAFE?

I work for a very well known retail bank that is in the process of being bought out. December 31st, 2008 will be the official date of purchase. Once this takes place I will be working for the number 3 ranked bank in America and the biggest in total deposits. What does this mean for me? At this time, nothing at all. Things are going to pretty much stay the same, because this new bank is going to incorporate/adapt to our current banking procedures and operations. I've read and heard from some of the bank "big wigs", that this merger is going to take at least one to two years before we are all working as a whole. In the mean time, I get to work with the confused and frightened account holders. It seems as if everyone and their mother has come in to the bank to ask the same question, "Is my money safe?" So, I respond with all the "warm fuzzies" of my expert customer service, and say, "No!" Actually, I let everyone know that their money is safe at this time, and not to take any risky actions by withdrawing their money. Keeping your money stuffed in a mattress isn't going to keep anything safe.

1 comments:

Duck Hunter said...

There is nothing crazy with keeping it in your mattress. Tell me. . . what is crazy about that?

While I'm stashing my cash I'm also creating a stockpile of food. When we go into a recession and have super inflation (1,000%+) I'll be eating while people are crazy in the streets.